Re: Arranged marriages

  • mavrik375
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Dolores Glade <dtglade@y...> wrote:

      > Don't know if this info helps any since I don't know
      > the name of the village they came from but my
      > great-parents, John and Mary Baran came from the
      > Austrian Hungarian Empire and had a daughter,
      > Elizabeth (in Bayonne, NJ) who married a man named
      > John Yuhas. Maybe there is a connection.

      Dee

      Dee

      I don't know if there is a connection here or not. I have an uncle
      named John Yuhas that is married to a "Betty" (Elizabeth?).
      Unfortunately, I don't know at this time what her maiden name is. My
      research is currently centered on my great-grandfather Andrew Yuhas
      (Juhas). I am unaware at this time if he had any siblings. It was
      said he was orphaned before he emigrated to America around 1880. It
      is looking like the only way that I'll be able to find any of Andrew
      siblings (if there were any) is by researching the LDS microfilms of
      the parish from his birthplace, Giraltovce.

      Mavrik
    • frankly1us
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 22, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "mavrik375" <mavrik375@a...> wrote:
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Dolores Glade <dtglade@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > Don't know if this info helps any since I don't know
        > > the name of the village they came from but my
        > > great-parents, John and Mary Baran came from the
        > > Austrian Hungarian Empire and had a daughter,
        > > Elizabeth (in Bayonne, NJ) who married a man named
        > > John Yuhas. Maybe there is a connection.
        > >
        > Dee
        >

        > Dee
        >
        > I don't know if there is a connection here or not. I have an uncle
        > named John Yuhas that is married to a "Betty" (Elizabeth?).
        > Unfortunately, I don't know at this time what her maiden name is. My
        > research is currently centered on my great-grandfather Andrew Yuhas
        > (Juhas). I am unaware at this time if he had any siblings. It was
        > said he was orphaned before he emigrated to America around 1880. It
        > is looking like the only way that I'll be able to find any of Andrew
        > siblings (if there were any) is by researching the LDS microfilms of
        > the parish from his birthplace, Giraltovce.
        >
        > Mavrik

        LDS filmed the parish church records for Giraltovce (Sk) Girált (H)

        Lutheran
        1828-1895

        G.C.
        1862-1933