Re: Village Name

  • frankly1us
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 21, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., John <jmatsko4@c...> wrote:
      > At 12:24 AM 2/21/02 +0000, you wrote:
      >
      > >You want Liliomos formerly located in old Hungarian Bac-Bodrog megye
      > >(county) Hodsag jaras (district) and now located in former Yugoslavia.
      > >I guess place is now located in Serbia.
      > >There were Rusyns and Slovaks resident in former Yugoslavia.
      > >The Hapsburg rulers invited them and other ethnicities to settle
      > >there to keep the Magyars out.
      >
      > Many thanks Frank. I would have never found that one.
      >
      > John

      -Nech sa pác^i

      Further investigation indicates there was also a place called Lality
      located in former Bács-Bodrog megye and close to Liliomos.

      Believe that Lality is now called Lalic and is located 73 miles NW of
      Beograd (Belgrade) Yugoslavia (Serbia)

      Somewhere around Kula and Kucora on Hungarian map ?
      Expect too small to show on map.

      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/bacsbod.jpg
    • John
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 21, 2002
        At 01:31 PM 2/21/02 +0000, you wrote:
        >--- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., John <jmatsko4@c...> wrote:
        > > At 12:24 AM 2/21/02 +0000, you wrote:
        > >
        > > >You want Liliomos formerly located in old Hungarian Bac-Bodrog megye
        > > >(county) Hodsag jaras (district) and now located in former Yugoslavia.
        > > >I guess place is now located in Serbia.
        > > >There were Rusyns and Slovaks resident in former Yugoslavia.
        > > >The Hapsburg rulers invited them and other ethnicities to settle
        > > >there to keep the Magyars out.
        > >
        > > Many thanks Frank. I would have never found that one.
        > >
        > > John
        >
        >-Nech sa pác^i
        >
        >Further investigation indicates there was also a place called Lality
        >located in former Bács-Bodrog megye and close to Liliomos.

        Thanks again. I'm not certain why the Slovaks settled in the south central
        part of Hungary. On the ship's manifest, all the people from that village
        were listed as Hungarian under nationality and then as Slovak under race or
        people. At the time of the immigration (1902-1905) of the Butas^ family
        that area was a part of Hungary and not Austria. As you indicated, it's
        probably a part of Serbia now.

        John
      • Gary Costel
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2004
          I have a Declaration of Intention for Citizenship for a relative, and he
          lists his place of birth as "Krilovce" in the year 1889. Is this the
          same as present day "Krislovce"?

          If so, does anyone know with what village/town the Church Records would
          be located with in the FHL films?

          Thanks, again
          Gary

        • Frank
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2004
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Costel" <gcostel64@c...> wrote:
            > I have a Declaration of Intention for Citizenship for a relative, and he
            > lists his place of birth as "Krilovce" in the year 1889. Is this the
            > same as present day "Krislovce"?
            >
            > If so, does anyone know with what village/town the Church Records would
            > be located with in the FHL films?
            >
            > Thanks, again
            > Gary

            Kris^l'ovce (Sk) Krislivci (Ru) Kryslivci (H) was a C-R village located in
            Zemplén megye.

            Its LDS G.C. parish church records are listed under Brus^nica (1831-1945)
            Text in Latin and Hungarian and Rusyn.

            film #
            1792035
            1792036

            Frank
          • Gary Costel
            Message 5 of 10 , May 6, 2004
              I have a name of a village that was written down as to where an ancestor
              was from in present day Slovakia.

              The "old village name" was either spelled Meges or Megyes. I believe
              that the "new village name" is Medzianky.
              Can anyone verify if this is correct?

              Thanks,
              Gary

            • June McKee
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 26, 2007
                John,
                thanks for the information. I hadnt thought of trying that one yet. I will diffently give it a try.

                June

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 11, 2014
                  Name of village is: (slovakian name)Laliť , (hun)Liliomos, or (serb-croatian)Lalić.

                  In ship records i found many misspelled variations of village name:  Hiliomos, Hilionos, Lihamos, Lility, Liliamas, Lality...

                  Slovak families come in  village between years 1760 – 1790s. Slovak evangelical church was built  between years 1848—1852, before that church records(births, deaths, marriages) was in Selenča.

                  Family Butaš still live in Lalit.