Re: [S-R] Mihalov Surname

  • Dr. Joe Quashnock
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2002
      There are three microfilms available for Gerlichov:

      FHL INTL Film 1792655 Items 4-5
      FHL INTL Film 1792632
      FHL INTL Film 1792633 Items 1-3

      Cirkevná matrika, 1768-1895 Cirkev grécko-katolícka. Farský úrad Malcov
      (Bardejov)
      Greek Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for
      Malcov, Slovakia, formerly Malyczó, Sáros, Hungary. Includes
      affiliated towns
      of Gerlachov, Slovakia, formerly Gerlahó, Sáros, Hungary and
      Lenartov,
      Slovakia, formerly Lénártó, Sáros, Hungary. Text in Latin,
      Hungarian and
      Ruthenian.

      Slovakia, Malcov - Church records
      Hungary, Sáros, Malyczó - Church records
      Slovakia, Gerlachov - Church records
      Hungary, Sáros, Gerlahó - Church records
      Slovakia, Lenartov - Church records
      Hungary, Sáros, Lénártó - Church records

      I think you can get directly to the site:

      http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlefilmnotes&columns=*%2C180%2C0&titleno=733824&disp=Cirkevn%E1_matrika

      Just be sure to past all the parts of the address together.

      Dr. "Q"

    • KMehallow@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2002
        To all of you who responded to my queries on the MIHALOV Surname, I thank you
        from the bottom of my heart. It certainly is looking for a needle in a
        haystack with only the one birth certificate I have; but I will look into
        everything that was suggested by each of you.

        Again, Thank you

        Kathy
        Las Vegas

        Other Surnames PLEVYAK, PEROW, MOTEL, ZUMALYAK