Where Do I Search

  • mkz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 1999
      Hi,
      My husbands grandfather changed his last name from Milan to Zluky. The
      relatives in Slovakia state he went to the U.S with one name and came
      home with another. Would a non citizen be able to legally change his
      name in the U.S.? If the name was changed in Europe before he came to
      the U.S. would there be a record of the change and where would one
      look? Would the LDS have filmed name changes? The time frame is 1900.
      The provence was Spis at that time now Poprad. One child was born in
      the U.S and on his baptism certificate the fathers name is listed as
      John Zluky Milan and the birth certificate is John Zluky in the year
      1906. Would you have any insite as to the name change?
      Any help would be apprecated.
      Katherine