Re: [S-R] Re: Kuntzevich family

  • Bernardine Weigand
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5 5:53 PM
      Yes, Rova Farms is not too far from Holmdel--about one half hour. I have driven past the area, but have not visited. There is a large Russian Orthodox community in that area.

      Bernardine

      possomcat wrote:

      > Thank you Frankly, there were two sites I was not fimiliar with. I
      > also know that my Grandfather was one of the people involved with
      > starting the community ROOVA FARMS in Cassville, New Jersey. Anyone
      > familiar with this area? Thanking you in advance, Janie
      >
      > In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "frankly1us" <frankur@a...> wrote:
      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "possomcat" <possomcat@y...> wrote:
      > > > Am trying to do a research on my mother's family. Came from
      > Minsk
      > > > area, Bragin, Belarus. Am finding it difficult to find my
      > original
      > > > websites when my computer crashed. Any ideas? Janie
      > >
      > > Slovakia was Austro-Hungarian Monarchy and Former Austrian Empire
      > and
      > > Belarus was former Russian Empire and Russian-Poland ?
      > >
      > > http://genforum.genealogy.com/belarus/
      > > http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?
      > f=search&r=rw&p=localities.eeurope.belarus&application=public&query=&f
      > ilter=loca
      > > lities.eeurope.belarus
      > >
      > > http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/bo.html
      > > http://www.belarusguide.com/main/index.html
      > > http://www.ceti.com.pl/~hajduk/index.html

    • possomcat
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9 3:10 PM
        Yes, I remember it fondly, there was always a reason to party, the
        potato peeling contests, hot dog swollowing contest (which my mother
        never let me watch) and so on. If you do stop by one weekend, I
        remember the cabbage soup (kapusta) and pierogi's were wonderful.
        Puskin Memorial was the housing they stayed at. Janie