Re: [S-R] Hungarian Name of Town and Current Name

  • Dr. Joe Quashnock
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4 8:16 PM
      I've looked at the map, there isn't anything northeast of Bos^any (Bossa'ny)
      that looks like the Holbeny on the manifest. However, about 5 km northwest
      of Bos^any is present day Horne' Chlebany which used to be named Halban,
      Helben, and Felso"helbe'ny (Felsőhelbény) it looks like Helbeny on the map
      you referenced. Felso" (Felső) just meant upper in Hungarian, horne' (horné)
      means upper in Slovak.

      Dr. "Q"