Re: Lutina and Majdan

  • deehass2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2002
      Thank you for the points of reference. I've located an FHC in my
      area and am planning a visit to view films.

      Can you supply a reference for a good map site that would indicate
      villages as well?

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., John <jmatsko4@h...> wrote:
      > At 12:46 AM 1/27/02 +0000, you wrote:
      > >I am searching for information regarding my great grandparents.
      > >
      > >Surname: Zaleta
      > >Village: Majdan
      > >Joseph Zaleta married Mary Hrabczak
      >
      > Majdan is about 3 miles NE of Lutina. Unfortunately, it doesn't
      show up in
      > my standard reference documents so I don't know which village
      parish has
      > the records for Majdan. I couldn't find it doing a place search at
      > http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp
      either.

      > >Surname: Lokaj
      > >Village: Lutina
      > >Andrej Lokaj married Katherine Soltis
      >
      > The Greek Catholic church registers for Lutina are on microfilms
      FHL INTL
      > Film 1792654 Item 5 and FHL INTL Film 1792655 Items 1-3
      >
      > From the SK online phone directory:
      > Mária Lokajová Lutina
      > Miloš Lokaj Lutina
      >
      > >How would I find further information birth, marriage and death
      > >records, their children and birthdates, also wanting to find out
      > >their parents names.
      >
      > Rent the microfilms at a LDS Family History Center.
      >
      > John
    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2002
        At 02:37 PM 1/27/02 +0000, you wrote:
        >Thank you for the points of reference. I've located an FHC in my
        >area and am planning a visit to view films.
        >
        >Can you supply a reference for a good map site that would indicate
        >villages as well?

        http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll

        Click on the Map tab, click on Find a Map, select Europe from the Search
        for a Place, type in the town.

        John