Re: [S-R] Lutina and Majdan

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2002
      At 12:46 AM 1/27/02 +0000, you wrote:
      >I am searching for information regarding my great grandparents.
      >
      >Surname: Zaleta
      >Village: Majdan
      >Joseph Zaleta married Mary Hrabczak

      Majdan is about 3 miles NE of Lutina. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up in
      my standard reference documents so I don't know which village parish has
      the records for Majdan. I couldn't find it doing a place search at
      http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp either.

      >Surname: Lokaj
      >Village: Lutina
      >Andrej Lokaj married Katherine Soltis

      The Greek Catholic church registers for Lutina are on microfilms FHL INTL
      Film 1792654 Item 5 and FHL INTL Film 1792655 Items 1-3

      From the SK online phone directory:
      Mária Lokajová Lutina
      Miloš Lokaj Lutina

      >How would I find further information birth, marriage and death
      >records, their children and birthdates, also wanting to find out
      >their parents names.

      Rent the microfilms at a LDS Family History Center.

      John
    • deehass2002
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2002
        Thank you for the points of reference. I've located an FHC in my
        area and am planning a visit to view films.

        Can you supply a reference for a good map site that would indicate
        villages as well?

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., John <jmatsko4@h...> wrote:
        > At 12:46 AM 1/27/02 +0000, you wrote:
        > >I am searching for information regarding my great grandparents.
        > >
        > >Surname: Zaleta
        > >Village: Majdan
        > >Joseph Zaleta married Mary Hrabczak
        >
        > Majdan is about 3 miles NE of Lutina. Unfortunately, it doesn't
        show up in
        > my standard reference documents so I don't know which village
        parish has
        > the records for Majdan. I couldn't find it doing a place search at
        > http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp
        either.

        > >Surname: Lokaj
        > >Village: Lutina
        > >Andrej Lokaj married Katherine Soltis
        >
        > The Greek Catholic church registers for Lutina are on microfilms
        FHL INTL
        > Film 1792654 Item 5 and FHL INTL Film 1792655 Items 1-3
        >
        > From the SK online phone directory:
        > Mária Lokajová Lutina
        > Miloš Lokaj Lutina
        >
        > >How would I find further information birth, marriage and death
        > >records, their children and birthdates, also wanting to find out
        > >their parents names.
        >
        > Rent the microfilms at a LDS Family History Center.
        >
        > John
      • John
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2002
          At 02:37 PM 1/27/02 +0000, you wrote:
          >Thank you for the points of reference. I've located an FHC in my
          >area and am planning a visit to view films.
          >
          >Can you supply a reference for a good map site that would indicate
          >villages as well?

          http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll

          Click on the Map tab, click on Find a Map, select Europe from the Search
          for a Place, type in the town.

          John