Lutina and Majdan

  • deehass2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2002
      I am searching for information regarding my great grandparents.

      Surname: Zaleta
      Village: Majdan
      Joseph Zaleta married Mary Hrabczak

      Surname: Lokaj
      Village: Lutina
      Andrej Lokaj married Katherine Soltis

      How would I find further information birth, marriage and death
      records, their children and birthdates, also wanting to find out
      their parents names.

      Any leads or help would be greatly appreciated.
    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2002
        At 12:46 AM 1/27/02 +0000, you wrote:
        >I am searching for information regarding my great grandparents.
        >
        >Surname: Zaleta
        >Village: Majdan
        >Joseph Zaleta married Mary Hrabczak

        Majdan is about 3 miles NE of Lutina. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up in
        my standard reference documents so I don't know which village parish has
        the records for Majdan. I couldn't find it doing a place search at
        http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp either.

        >Surname: Lokaj
        >Village: Lutina
        >Andrej Lokaj married Katherine Soltis

        The Greek Catholic church registers for Lutina are on microfilms FHL INTL
        Film 1792654 Item 5 and FHL INTL Film 1792655 Items 1-3

        From the SK online phone directory:
        Mária Lokajová Lutina
        Miloš Lokaj Lutina

        >How would I find further information birth, marriage and death
        >records, their children and birthdates, also wanting to find out
        >their parents names.

        Rent the microfilms at a LDS Family History Center.

        John
      • deehass2002
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2002
          Thank you for the points of reference. I've located an FHC in my
          area and am planning a visit to view films.

          Can you supply a reference for a good map site that would indicate
          villages as well?

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., John <jmatsko4@h...> wrote:
          > At 12:46 AM 1/27/02 +0000, you wrote:
          > >I am searching for information regarding my great grandparents.
          > >
          > >Surname: Zaleta
          > >Village: Majdan
          > >Joseph Zaleta married Mary Hrabczak
          >
          > Majdan is about 3 miles NE of Lutina. Unfortunately, it doesn't
          show up in
          > my standard reference documents so I don't know which village
          parish has
          > the records for Majdan. I couldn't find it doing a place search at
          > http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp
          either.

          > >Surname: Lokaj
          > >Village: Lutina
          > >Andrej Lokaj married Katherine Soltis
          >
          > The Greek Catholic church registers for Lutina are on microfilms
          FHL INTL
          > Film 1792654 Item 5 and FHL INTL Film 1792655 Items 1-3
          >
          > From the SK online phone directory:
          > Mária Lokajová Lutina
          > Miloš Lokaj Lutina
          >
          > >How would I find further information birth, marriage and death
          > >records, their children and birthdates, also wanting to find out
          > >their parents names.
          >
          > Rent the microfilms at a LDS Family History Center.
          >
          > John
        • John
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2002
            At 02:37 PM 1/27/02 +0000, you wrote:
            >Thank you for the points of reference. I've located an FHC in my
            >area and am planning a visit to view films.
            >
            >Can you supply a reference for a good map site that would indicate
            >villages as well?

            http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll

            Click on the Map tab, click on Find a Map, select Europe from the Search
            for a Place, type in the town.

            John