Genealogy

  • kahl34241
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2002
      Looking for roots to the name KAHL. Particularly to Franz Kahl, born
      in Bohemia in 1831. Probable location of birth Reichenberg, now
      Liberec CR. Thanks.
    • frankly1us
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 22, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "kahl34241" <rwkltda1@a...> wrote:
        > Looking for roots to the name KAHL. Particularly to Franz Kahl, born
        > in Bohemia in 1831. Probable location of birth Reichenberg, now
        > Liberec CR. Thanks.

        Liberec is located 55 miles NNE of Praha.
        Reichenberg was its German name.

        The Czechs never permitted the LDS-Mormons to film the parish
        church records located at their State Archives.
        While, the LDS-Mormons filmed the parish church records at the
        regional Slovak State Archives.

        If you want your surname records you will have to write the
        Czech Archives.

        You can write them in German, Czech, or English.
        The research report would be written only in Czech.
        If you don't know Czech, you will need to get the narrative report translated.

        Czech Archives URLs.

        http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/SUD/sudet_crarch_en.html

        http://www.netway.at/ihff/b.htm
      • Mark Slemeck
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 22, 2002
          anybody have the address of Czech Archives?

        • rwkltda1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 22, 2002
            Ministerstvo Vnitra
            Archivni Sprava
            Milady Horakove 123
            166 21 Praha 6
            Czech Republic
          • Mark Slemeck
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 22, 2002
              thank you

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 19, 2009
                Hello,
                I just joined and am looking for information on my ancestors from a long time ago! Maybe someone out there can help:
                My ancestors, with surname Stepan lived in what is now called Lichkov (formerly Lichtenau).
                My ancestors, with surname Olbrich lived in Goldenfluss (currently Zlaty Potok) and Rothfloss (currently Cerveny Potok).
                Reference timeframe is before 1870 for traceability, but I may have relatives there now !

                Thanks for any help you can provide.
                Regards,
                Ramón L Olbrich

              • johnqadam
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 19, 2009
                  >>> Zlaty Potok <<<
                  CR near Pardubice 50°6'16.42"N 16°47'1.85"E

                  >>> Cerveny Potok <<<
                  50°6'16.42"N 16°47'1.85"E
                • R Lopez
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 22, 2009
                    Hi John,
                    Thanks for the coordinates. Just went out there last week - beautiful countryside! Wish I could find ourt where public records are kept - any ideas?

                    Thanks again and best regards,
                    RL Olbrich

                    CR near Pardubice 50°6'16.42"N 16°47'1.85"E

                    >>> Cerveny Potok <<<

                    50°6'16.42"N 16°47'1.85"E

                  • johnqadam
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 22, 2009
                      >>> Wish I could find ourt where public records are kept - any ideas? <<<

                      If you post the question on the Delphi site, Naartjie will provided a detailed answer.