Re: CERNY

  • Rosamken@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 1999
      Dear List:

      I am searching for my paternal grandmother. Minnie CERNY

      Minnie was born 9-18-1888, could be either Pennsylvannia or Bohemia, Czech.
      She died 1-17-1972 in Indian Rocks Beach, FL and is buried in Serenity
      Gardens, Largo, FL. I have requested a copy of her death certificate from
      Florida.

      She had one sister, Elizabeth CERNY, and a brother Maximillian CERNY. In my
      memory, there is a Philomena CERNY, which I thought to be Minnie's real given
      name, but now it may be her mother, as a Philomena CERNY came from Bohemia in
      1883 at age 19. But until I get the death cert, I cannot be sure.

      Minnie married Gaetano MONASTRA, and gave birth to three children, in and
      around the New York City area, from 1913-1920. I have checked the 1920 Bronx
      census and they are not listed.

      Thank you to Maura for suggesting this way to reintroduce our searches. I
      appreciate any help from anyone searching the CERNY surname.

      Happy Hunting and God Bless,
      Rosemary - Las Vegas
      Searching for: MONASTRA, BASTANZIO, CERNY, CIANCI, CHIPPARI, CALIENNI, &
      GILLSON