Re: [S-R] (unknown)

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2001
      At 07:12 PM 12/31/01 -0500, you wrote:
      >Thank you John. I am sure the web sites you sent will come in handy as I
      >continue my research.
      >
      >I guess since the child was only 3 weeks old his death today would have been
      >considered a crib death.

      Crib death to me means something sudden and difficult to explain. Child
      mortality was high in those days. Any illness or congenital problem could
      easily take the life of an infant. The child could have been sickly at
      birth and simply couldn't recover. They may have been well aware of the
      condition but very seldom did anyone have the luxury of being able to see a
      doctor. Home remedies were used to cure (or kill) the patient. I remember
      hearing of one that included cow urine as an ingredient for a pneumonia
      medication.

      John
    • Mark Slemeck
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2002
        Is it possible to remove my address from the mail group as I, sadly,
        currently dont have time to usefully correspond