Re: [S-R] Death Record

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2001
      At 05:25 PM 12/31/01 -0500, you wrote:
      >The Presov Archives found my Great Uncle's death record and sent me an
      >extract
      > of this record, the cause of death was Debilis. Does anyone know what
      > Debilis was? He was born 7-22-1869 and died 8-7-1869, in Hazin nad Cirochou

      Debility: Abnormal bodily weakness or feebleness; decay of strength. This
      was a term descriptive of a patient's condition and of no help in making a
      diagnosis. Synonym: asthenia.

      http://www.uftree.com/UFT/HowTos/SettingOut/disease1.html

      debilitas weakness (in general), old age

      http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/Latin_Terms_and_Phrases.html

      John