Death Record

  • Peggy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2001
      The Presov Archives found my Great Uncle's death record and sent me an
      extract
      of this record, the cause of death was Debilis. Does anyone know what
      Debilis was? He was born 7-22-1869 and died 8-7-1869, in Hazin nad Cirochou

      Thanking you in advance.

      Peggy

    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2001
        At 05:25 PM 12/31/01 -0500, you wrote:
        >The Presov Archives found my Great Uncle's death record and sent me an
        >extract
        > of this record, the cause of death was Debilis. Does anyone know what
        > Debilis was? He was born 7-22-1869 and died 8-7-1869, in Hazin nad Cirochou

        Debility: Abnormal bodily weakness or feebleness; decay of strength. This
        was a term descriptive of a patient's condition and of no help in making a
        diagnosis. Synonym: asthenia.

        http://www.uftree.com/UFT/HowTos/SettingOut/disease1.html

        debilitas weakness (in general), old age

        http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/Latin_Terms_and_Phrases.html

        John