Re: [S-R] Need translation help

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2001
      At 01:48 PM 12/29/01 +0000, you wrote:
      >Can anyone help me translate the follwing inscriptions that were on
      >the back of some old photos I have? I'm not really sure about some
      >of the letters.
      >Thanks,
      >Tracy
      >
      >1. Na Pamjatiku Majmu Bacikovi tata som ja aj zmajov aj zv°etma
      >kev° bi zme mi tak Mohli° L°eci Prejst° ta

      In remembrance (Majmu - my ?) (Bacikovi - bac^ik is uncle in
      Hungarian) (tata - teta is aunt in Slovak) are me and mine? (the rest may
      be something like "if we could fly? to be with you). Just a "wag".

      >2. C°islo° 150. -

      number 150 (house)

      >3. Toto sa maji vòukovja -

      These are my grandchildren(?).

      >4. Toto sa ?o ja viovi dubovski kovom deti mare ?vidu;

      These are (something about Dubovski who had children)

      >Vodina (rodina? = family) ma tomto (have this) boka (bok=side) naj mlaclci
      >(the youngest?) Tanoaj Zena (zena = wife or woman); na tomto (on that)
      >bokustav (bok=side) si ondris (Andrew) aj - and Zuza (Susan) Za misom
      >staviho; ana ?rosvelku ta co sa viclala mlatz ja dta dorkataje

      It might be helpful to provide a brief description of the photos and/or
      scan them and place them in the S-R file area for others to view.

      John