Need translation help

  • savedbygrace1996
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2001
      Can anyone help me translate the follwing inscriptions that were on
      the back of some old photos I have? I'm not really sure about some
      of the letters.
      Thanks,
      Tracy

      1. Na Pamjatiku Majmu Bacikovi tata som ja aj zmajov aj zv°etma
      kev° bi zme mi tak Mohli° L°eci Prejst° ta

      2. C°islo° 150.

      3. Toto sa maji vòukovja

      4. Toto sa ?o ja viovi dubovski kovom deti mare ?vidu;
      Vodina ma tomto boka naj mlaclci Tanoaj Zena; na tomto bokustav si
      ondris aj Zuza Za misom staviho; ana ?rosvelku ta co sa viclala mlatz
      ja dta dorkataje
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2001
        At 01:48 PM 12/29/01 +0000, you wrote:
        >Can anyone help me translate the follwing inscriptions that were on
        >the back of some old photos I have? I'm not really sure about some
        >of the letters.
        >Thanks,
        >Tracy
        >
        >1. Na Pamjatiku Majmu Bacikovi tata som ja aj zmajov aj zv°etma
        >kev° bi zme mi tak Mohli° L°eci Prejst° ta

        In remembrance (Majmu - my ?) (Bacikovi - bac^ik is uncle in
        Hungarian) (tata - teta is aunt in Slovak) are me and mine? (the rest may
        be something like "if we could fly? to be with you). Just a "wag".

        >2. C°islo° 150. -

        number 150 (house)

        >3. Toto sa maji vòukovja -

        These are my grandchildren(?).

        >4. Toto sa ?o ja viovi dubovski kovom deti mare ?vidu;

        These are (something about Dubovski who had children)

        >Vodina (rodina? = family) ma tomto (have this) boka (bok=side) naj mlaclci
        >(the youngest?) Tanoaj Zena (zena = wife or woman); na tomto (on that)
        >bokustav (bok=side) si ondris (Andrew) aj - and Zuza (Susan) Za misom
        >staviho; ana ?rosvelku ta co sa viclala mlatz ja dta dorkataje

        It might be helpful to provide a brief description of the photos and/or
        scan them and place them in the S-R file area for others to view.

        John