Re: [S-R] need help interpreting

  • Carol Novotni
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2001
      Hi Nancy,
      Your understood correctly. You tell them how much you want researched and
      when they are finished they will give you directions for paying for the
      research. I had work done at the archives in Presov several years ago. It
      took about 3-4 months for them to complete it. I mailed a certified check
      which got lost somewhere between here and there. I wrote again asking what
      had happened and was informed the check had not been received on that side.
      Went to my bank to stop payment on that check and had another one issued.
      Received the research about 3 weeks after that. I was well satisfied with
      what I received.
      Vesele Vianoce.
      Carol

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 22, 2001
        Carol, Thanks for your answer. It helps ease my mind that I did not misread the letter. Some of the sentences were fashioned a bit differently than we do here. Luckily I don't have to reply to them in Slovak! :>)))

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 23, 2001
          Carol, One more quick question. Should I reply to this letter and tell them what kind of search I want or do they determine that from the information I sent on my initial request?
          Thanks--Again!
          Nancy
          mckayhagen@...

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 23, 2001
            Nancy,
            By all means, tell them exactly what you want. For instance,
            I sent them pertinent information about my paternal grandmother - birth date
            & place, marriage date and to whom. I asked for information on her immediate
            family - parents, brothers and sisters, if any, grandparents. I received
            birth/baptism, marriage and death information. Good luck.
            Carol

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 23, 2001
              Thanks Carol. I will get a letter off to them.