Re: [S-R] Struggling to Locate a Hungarian Address

  • John
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001
      At 10:23 PM 12/21/01 -0600, you wrote:
      >John,
      >
      >Thank you for your valuable information. I am making progress. What is
      >the S-K online directory?
      >
      >Jim

      It is the online Slovak phone directory. Instructions for how to use it
      are at:

      http://www.centroconsult.sk/Support/phone.html

      John
    • John
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001
        At 09:58 PM 12/21/01 -0600, you wrote:
        >Thank you very much for the help. I believe I located Torna on the map
        >you provided! How can I access the remaining maps of the country?
        >
        >Jim Woods

        This site gives you several options for early maps. In addition to a short
        history of Austria-Hungary, it has links to A-H countries, counties, etc. maps.
        http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/1910ind.htm

        John
      • John
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001
          At 09:58 PM 12/21/01 -0600, you wrote:
          >Thank you very much for the help. I believe I located Torna on the map
          >you provided! How can I access the remaining maps of the country?
          >
          >Jim Woods

          This site gives you several options for early maps. In addition to a short
          history of Austria-Hungary, it has links to A-H countries, counties, etc. maps.

          http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/1910ind.htm

          John
        • Andrea Vangor
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001
            Use that same URL, just cut back on it until you hit the index list.