Re: [S-R] Struggling to Locate a Hungarian Address

  • John
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001
      At 10:23 PM 12/21/01 -0600, you wrote:
      >John,
      >
      >Thank you for your valuable information. I am making progress. What is
      >the S-K online directory?
      >
      >Jim

      It is the online Slovak phone directory. Instructions for how to use it
      are at:

      http://www.centroconsult.sk/Support/phone.html

      John
    • James Woods
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001
        Thank you very much for the help. I believe I located Torna on the map
        you provided! How can I access the remaining maps of the country?

        Jim Woods

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001
            At 09:58 PM 12/21/01 -0600, you wrote:
            >Thank you very much for the help. I believe I located Torna on the map
            >you provided! How can I access the remaining maps of the country?
            >
            >Jim Woods

            This site gives you several options for early maps. In addition to a short
            history of Austria-Hungary, it has links to A-H countries, counties, etc. maps.
            http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/1910ind.htm

            John
          • John
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001
              At 09:58 PM 12/21/01 -0600, you wrote:
              >Thank you very much for the help. I believe I located Torna on the map
              >you provided! How can I access the remaining maps of the country?
              >
              >Jim Woods

              This site gives you several options for early maps. In addition to a short
              history of Austria-Hungary, it has links to A-H countries, counties, etc. maps.

              http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/1910ind.htm

              John
            • Andrea Vangor
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001
                Use that same URL, just cut back on it until you hit the index list.