Research interests

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 1999
      Hi everyone....

      We have 146 members now, and the traffic is a bit slow.... so to get
      things going why don't we have a Research interest week?

      Please read through and go by the following guidelines....

      1. CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE!! Don't just respond to this message....
      Write a new message or change the subject line.

      2. Put surnames and locations in the subject line so people can get an
      idea of what you are searching without having to read the whole message
      if it doesn't interest them.

      Example-

      SILHAVY , Sabinov> Bridgeport CT c. 1903
      if just one family or

      SILHAVY, JANKOVICH, NECHASEK - Sabinov> Bridgeport CT

      Don't put locations in capital letters

      3. Keep it short, just give the basics. If anyone matches they can
      contact you off the list

      4. PLEASE contact people privately about matches etc, unless you think
      its something that everyone on the list would benefit from reading.

      5. Please send one message with all your surnames/interests in them, not
      separate messages.

      I'll send one of my own after this, and you can kind of follow that
      pattern. We do this twice a year on my Irish lists, and we always have
      someone who makes a connection, or at least makes some kind of
      breakthrough.

      Hope to read a message from each of you in the coming week!

      Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      sabinov@...
      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching