Re: [S-R] Re: Flutha, Neograd & Kriz, Hungary

  • John
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
      At 11:47 PM 12/6/01 -0600, you wrote:
      >Yes I am told there was a tile factory that they worked in at Toronto.
      >We were also told that the Rankel family owned a glass factory in the
      >old country, it was also indicated that they produced Rankel jars for
      >preserves. We have not been able to confirm any of this. Wouldn't it be
      >wonderful to find it was true, you have given me new hope.
      >This is getting more exciting all the time, it looks like they may have
      >existed after all, I have begun thinking they were dropped from outer
      >space :)) I hope to get to our history center and order some film very
      >soon.

      I'll write to my cousin in Krize to see if he can find out who owned the
      glass factory and what the product was. He is in his early seventies so he
      may have a recollection of hearing about it. I was taken to the site of
      the factory south of town and could still see glass fragments on the ground
      although there was no evidence of any remnants of a structure there. Good
      luck.

      John