Re: [S-R] Looking for info

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
      At 05:11 PM 12/6/01 -0800, you wrote:
      >Hi--
      >
      >I was tickled to find the town of Sariska mentioned in
      >an e-mail today. I have been searching for just which
      >country it was located in without success.

      I think you may have misunderstood Frank's explanation. S^aris^ (Sáros in
      Hungarian) was a county in Upper Hungary until 1918. That area is now
      located NE Slovakia. Frank wrote: " S^aris^ská/ S^aris^ské/ S^aris^sky' is
      Slovak grammar." , which means that the Saris^ka is a grammatical form of
      S^aris^ the former county.

      I found the following in towns located in the former S^aris^ (pronounced
      Sharish) county:

      Dušan Eštvaník Fucíkova , Bardejov
      Ivan Eštvánik Partizánska , Bardejov
      Zuzana Eštvaníková Komenského , Bardejov

      Vladimír Eštvaník M.Nešpora , Prešov

      There is a possibility the Es^tvanik (Eshtvanik) and Estavanik are the
      same. Do you have any other documentation that might pinpoint the town or
      the surname spelling?

      John