Looking for info

  • Dolores Glade
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
      Hi--

      I was tickled to find the town of Sariska mentioned in
      an e-mail today. I have been searching for just which
      country it was located in without success. Hungary
      was mentioned in your e-mail. Now at last, I have a
      place to start finding out info about my Estavanik
      grandfather. Anyone out there have any info about
      persons with that name from Sariska?

      Thanks for your help. Please reply to:
      dtglade@...

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
        At 05:11 PM 12/6/01 -0800, you wrote:
        >Hi--
        >
        >I was tickled to find the town of Sariska mentioned in
        >an e-mail today. I have been searching for just which
        >country it was located in without success.

        I think you may have misunderstood Frank's explanation. S^aris^ (Sáros in
        Hungarian) was a county in Upper Hungary until 1918. That area is now
        located NE Slovakia. Frank wrote: " S^aris^ská/ S^aris^ské/ S^aris^sky' is
        Slovak grammar." , which means that the Saris^ka is a grammatical form of
        S^aris^ the former county.

        I found the following in towns located in the former S^aris^ (pronounced
        Sharish) county:

        Dušan Eštvaník Fucíkova , Bardejov
        Ivan Eštvánik Partizánska , Bardejov
        Zuzana Eštvaníková Komenského , Bardejov

        Vladimír Eštvaník M.Nešpora , Prešov

        There is a possibility the Es^tvanik (Eshtvanik) and Estavanik are the
        same. Do you have any other documentation that might pinpoint the town or
        the surname spelling?

        John