  • Fran M Roen
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi. My name is Fran Roen

      I'm looking for information on a Nicholas Hemmerling b. ablt 1860 birth
      place believed to be Yagerdorf.
      he married Philamena Dick and they had one son Frank Hemmerling

      Can you help me? I'm bloody from hitting his brick wall.

      Take Care
      Fran
    • frankly1us
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Fran M Roen <artbyfran@j...> wrote:
        > Hi. My name is Fran Roen
        >
        > I'm looking for information on a Nicholas Hemmerling b. ablt 1860 birth
        > place believed to be Yagerdorf.
        > he married Philamena Dick and they had one son Frank Hemmerling
        >
        > Can you help me? I'm bloody from hitting his brick wall.
        >
        > Take Care
        > Fran

        Don't know your surnames.
        Rauche, Roen, Hemmerling, and Kramer are German surnames.

        Dolena could be any one of many place names in many European
        countries ?
        What was the documentation for Dolena ? Written in what language ?

        In Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, Polish, other Slavic languages, and
        German the letter J is pron. Y.

        A Jagerdorfel is located 55 miles north of Praha at the curerent German
        border at Grossschönau.

        And Jägerndorf (G) was Krnov (Cz) located at the current Polish border.

        After WW 2 the Czechs renamed all the German named towns to Czech names.
        They also liked to give the same Czech name to multiple locations to lose
        former German identity.
        In 1945-1948 they expelled the 3 million Germans in Czechoslovakia and
        executed 200,000 or so by starvation and summary execution.

        There are hundreds of Hemmerling associated with Luxembourg, Dresden,
        Germany; Austria, Canada, Saxony, Poland, and American Midwest.