RE: [S-R] surnames

  • Kondracki, Vince
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      Try the Polish Border Surnames list.
      My grandmother was Slovak so I'm on this list
      as well. For your ancestors, try looking on the
      -Ellis Island web site www.ellisisland.org
      -Your local Family History Center (LDS)
      These should be a good starting point.
      Good luck.

      Sincerely
      Vince Kondracki

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2004
        I have several Skapiks and Sladeceks from the 19th century from the area North of Bratislava, and several Timkos , also from the same time, from the area East of Presov.
        I suggest you to contact me directly.
        Vladimir Bohinc
        konekta@...