Re: Hanigovce near Sabinov

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., David J Hanich <dhanich@j...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > My grandmother, Anna Krofchick Hanich, was born in Hanigovce, Saris,
      > Slovakia in 1894 when it was part of Hungary. It is very near Sabinov, so=

      > you may have knowledge about geneology in the region. I have tried to
      > find information about her and her family, without success. She died
      > before I was born, and my father is the youngest of her children and
      > knows very little about Europe or her family. I know that she immigrated=

      > around 1910, and lived for a few years in Perth Amboy, NJ, where she got
      > married to my grandfather, Frank Hanich, apparently from somewhere in
      > Zemplen. They moved to Aliquippa, PA and raised their family there. My
      > grandfather died about 1940, when my father was about 12 years old, so he=

      > remembers very little about him.
      > Sorry this is probably boring, but with differences in names,
      > countries, transliterated spellings , etc,etc, I am having a terrible
      > time finding out anything. Can you help?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > David Hanich

      Don't know your surnames.
      Probably 120-180 surname Hanich bearers just in the U.S.

      The surname could be spelled Hanich, Hanic, Hanik.

      Hanich is a German surname from Germany and the former
      Austro-Hungarian Monarchy.

      Before WW I, Slovakia was part of Upper Hungary (Felvidék) and
      part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire (1867-1918) and earlier a
      part of Hungary under the Austrian Empire.

      Hanigovce (Sk) Hönig (H) is located in the Pres^ov region
      in eastern Slovakia.

      The LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish registers of baptisms,
      marriages, deaths, confirmations, and a list of priests
      (1699-1895)for Hanigovce, Slovakia; formerly Hönig, Sáros megye, Hungary.
      Listed under Pec^ovska Nová Ves (Sabinov), Slovakia; formerly Péchujfalu, S=
      áros,
      Hungary (also known as Pechinendorf or Pechy Neudorf).

      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      film #
      1793221
      1793222
      1793223
      1793224

      Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

      LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

      In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.
      Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

      In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
      Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records Matri=
      cula Copulatorum = Marriage Records Matricula D=
      efunctorum = Death Records
      =

      =