Re: [S-R] Re: need help looking

  • connie ruley
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2001
      --- moraw_gerik@... wrote:
      > It could be that both cities are the same, but are
      > spelled different
      > due to the language it was written in.
      >
      > My 2 cents,
      > Heather
      >
      > thank you you were right they are both the same
      cities connie

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • connie ruley
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2001
        thank you for the info. that is the same i got on the
        menifest. just wonder if it was 2 diff. cities. how
        would i fine out if there might be still some family
        still over there? thank connie

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • frankur@att.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 20, 2001
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., frankur@a... wrote:
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., connie ruley <connie_ruley@y...> wrote:
          > > hi i,m trying to fine out the diffrence between to
          > > names of cities listed on my grandparents manifest. if
          > > anyone could help i would really app. it
          > > 1)regchernszka,hungry 2)regeteruszka,hungry.
          > > grandparents came over one in 1912 and the other came
          > > over in 1913. hoping to hear from anyone that might be
          > > able to help. thank you connie
          > > p.s. if anyone also could tell me how i might be able
          > > to fine out if any one with the same last name
          > > (kazsimir)
          > >
          > Since the 1912 listing for Regeteruszka (H) formerly in Abaúj-Torna
          > megye, Hungary; later Ruskov, okres (district) Kos^ice-Vidiek,
          > Slovakia was correct I looked at the 1913 entry.
          >
          > The 1913 Hungary Gazetteer had listed only Regeteruszka.
          >
          > German ship were notorious for misspelled surnames and place names.
          > While researching one surname over the years in the EIR found the
          > Last Residence listed under 13 different spellings.
          > All for the same place name and spelled correctly under a
          > 14th spelling (Hungarian)
          >
          > # 10 Erzsebet Kazsimir, age 22, married, Slovak Regchernszka ?
          > # 11 János Kazsimir, age 3, Slovak Regchernszka ?
          >
          > Mother and child
          > going respectively to husband and father
          > address I believe was in PA

          After looking at the 1913 ship manifest for mother and child Kazsimir,
          I believe the address in the U.S. was Daisytown PA.
          Daisytown was located near Brownsville PA, a bituminous (soft) coal
          mining region near Pittsburgh in WS PA.
          Were any surnames coal miners ?