need help looking

  • connie ruley
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 17, 2001
      hi i,m trying to fine out the diffrence between to
      names of cities listed on my grandparents manifest. if
      anyone could help i would really app. it
      1)regchernszka,hungry 2)regeteruszka,hungry.
      grandparents came over one in 1912 and the other came
      over in 1913. hoping to hear from anyone that might be
      able to help. thank you connie
      p.s. if anyone also could tell me how i might be able
      to fine out if any one with the same last name
      (kazsimir)

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • moraw_gerik@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 17, 2001
        It could be that both cities are the same, but are spelled different
        due to the language it was written in.

        My 2 cents,
        Heather
      • frankur@att.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 18, 2001
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., connie ruley <connie_ruley@y...> wrote:
          > hi i,m trying to fine out the diffrence between to
          > names of cities listed on my grandparents manifest. if
          > anyone could help i would really app. it
          > 1)regchernszka,hungry 2)regeteruszka,hungry.
          > grandparents came over one in 1912 and the other came
          > over in 1913. hoping to hear from anyone that might be
          > able to help. thank you connie
          > p.s. if anyone also could tell me how i might be able
          > to fine out if any one with the same last name
          > (kazsimir)

          Since the 1912 listing for Regeteruszka (H) formerly in Abaúj-Torna
          megye, Hungary; later Ruskov, okres (district) Kos^ice-Vidiek,
          Slovakia was correct I looked at the 1913 entry.

          The 1913 Hungary Gazetteer had listed only Regeteruszka.

          German ship were notorious for misspelled surnames and place names.
          While researching one surname over the years in the EIR found the
          Last Residence listed under 13 different spellings.
          All for the same place name and spelled correctly under a
          14th spelling (Hungarian)

          # 10 Erzsebet Kazsimir, age 22, married, Slovak Regchernszka ?
          # 11 János Kazsimir, age 3, Slovak Regchernszka ?

          Mother and child
          going respectively to husband and father
          address I believe was in PA
        • connie ruley
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 18, 2001
            --- moraw_gerik@... wrote:
            > It could be that both cities are the same, but are
            > spelled different
            > due to the language it was written in.
            >
            > My 2 cents,
            > Heather
            >
            > thank you you were right they are both the same
            cities connie

            http://personals.yahoo.com
          • connie ruley
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 18, 2001
              thank you for the info. that is the same i got on the
              menifest. just wonder if it was 2 diff. cities. how
              would i fine out if there might be still some family
              still over there? thank connie

              http://personals.yahoo.com
            • frankur@att.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 20, 2001
                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., frankur@a... wrote:
                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., connie ruley <connie_ruley@y...> wrote:
                > > hi i,m trying to fine out the diffrence between to
                > > names of cities listed on my grandparents manifest. if
                > > anyone could help i would really app. it
                > > 1)regchernszka,hungry 2)regeteruszka,hungry.
                > > grandparents came over one in 1912 and the other came
                > > over in 1913. hoping to hear from anyone that might be
                > > able to help. thank you connie
                > > p.s. if anyone also could tell me how i might be able
                > > to fine out if any one with the same last name
                > > (kazsimir)
                > >
                > Since the 1912 listing for Regeteruszka (H) formerly in Abaúj-Torna
                > megye, Hungary; later Ruskov, okres (district) Kos^ice-Vidiek,
                > Slovakia was correct I looked at the 1913 entry.
                >
                > The 1913 Hungary Gazetteer had listed only Regeteruszka.
                >
                > German ship were notorious for misspelled surnames and place names.
                > While researching one surname over the years in the EIR found the
                > Last Residence listed under 13 different spellings.
                > All for the same place name and spelled correctly under a
                > 14th spelling (Hungarian)
                >
                > # 10 Erzsebet Kazsimir, age 22, married, Slovak Regchernszka ?
                > # 11 János Kazsimir, age 3, Slovak Regchernszka ?
                >
                > Mother and child
                > going respectively to husband and father
                > address I believe was in PA

                After looking at the 1913 ship manifest for mother and child Kazsimir,
                I believe the address in the U.S. was Daisytown PA.
                Daisytown was located near Brownsville PA, a bituminous (soft) coal
                mining region near Pittsburgh in WS PA.
                Were any surnames coal miners ?