First Posting

  • Gabriela P. Svatos
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 1999
      Hello from Canada. The Slovak branches of my family were of jewish origin.
      Here is a listing of surnames along with the towns of origin of my ancestors:

      DUKESZ-Zlate Moravce, Nitra
      EHRENTHAL (later ERDOS)-Nitra, Levice
      FOLDES-Levice, Budapest
      PREISS-Zilina, Dolny Kubin, Lestiny
      RIEGER-Sered, Wien
      SCHULHOF-Sered, Wien
      SPITZ-Dolny Kubin, Lestiny, Zilina
      STEINER-Zilina, Kalameny, Slanica

      Thank you Maura for starting up this mailing list. Your efforts are
      appreciated.

      Gabi

      Gabriela Svatos
      E-mail: gsvatos@... or gabi@...
    • sabinov@xxxxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 1999
        Hi Gabriella.....

        Have you checked the catalog at your local Family History Center to see
        if any of the Jewish records for those areas have been filmed? I have
        seen many in the catalog, but of course can't remember the locations
        offhand.

        You can also search the catalog online via http://www.familysearch.org

        Hope this helps you....

        Maura