Re: [S-R] "Single" Question

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 7, 2001
      Milan:

      I didn't intend to infer that living with one's
      parents until married crippled everyone -- but my
      mother really never was capable of living even for 5
      minutes on her own -- so that is what I meant by her
      being crippled by the experience. I remember one time
      shortly after my father died, she wanted me to come
      over and change a light bulb and would not take "I'll
      come Saturday" for an answer, finally I had to explain
      that changing a light bulb was not "man's work." She
      reluctantly waited for me on Saturday, but that pretty
      much is a classic example of what I meant by my
      mother's crip. I'm sure most women are capable of
      changing a light bulb. There are 100's of other
      examples, but I think you get the picture.

      Caye

      --- Milan Huba <illy@...> wrote:
      > Back in 1945, good Slovak girls, at least those who
      > lived in villages,
      > stayed at home until they got married. I have never
      > heard of this as
      > crippling experience.

      Find a job, post your resume.
      http://careers.yahoo.com
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 7, 2001
        Ah, Thanks Milan, so here in America there were some
        singles who left and got apartments, dorms, etc.? I'd
        be interested to know how that was viewed by the rest,
        according to the explaination I received from mom's
        friend, it was embarassing to the parents, would you
        agree?

        Caye

      • Milan Huba
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 9, 2001
          I understand. Thanks for the clarification..,.