RE: [S-R] 1773 Hungarian Tax/Land Census

  • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2001
      Here's a stab I once made at these, corrections are welcome!
      Joe

      ***Horizontally:
      Gmeno a Prigmeny = First and Last Names

      *** Vertically:
      Wlastnost Poddaneho Gruntu = Character of the Subject's Allotment (meaning a
      full
      allotment, or a half, quarter, etc.)

      *** Horizontally:
      Properties of the Subject's Allotment
      wnitr./zewnitr. = internal/external

      Vertically:
      Na Presspur. Merice = in Pressburg Merice (a unit of land allotment), the
      amount of land given for residential buildings.

      Semenich Roly Dily = Fields, Parcels for Cultivation (cropland), given in
      number of parcels.

      Luky na Koscuw = Meadows, I think the numbers refer to a korec, which is two
      merice's, which would make them the same in size as the cultivation fields.

      *** Horizontally:
      Roczite Roboty neb Sluzby = Yearly Labors or Services

      Vertically:
      Robota z Lychwu = Labor with draught animals (Dny = in days)

      Aneb na mysto takowej, Robota Rukowny = Or in place of that, Hand Labor

      *** Horizontally:
      Dewatek = a Ninth

      (in Latin) Aequivalens Nona in Robottis = Equivalent Ninth in Labor

      Vertically:
      2ibus (Secundibus) Iumentis = Following a Draught Animal (Dies = in days)

      vel illius loco Manuali Labore = or in its place, Manual Labor

      *** Horizontally:
      Roczite Danky = Yearly Dues

      Vertically:
      Rocziti Czins Penezni = Yearly Monetary Rent (Flor = in Florins)

      Drewo na Ohen = Firewood (Sahy = in cords)

      Pradza = Yarn (funt = in pounds)

      Maslo topene = Melted butter (not sure if that makes sense) (holby = in
      quarts)

      Kopuny = Capons

      Kurentze = Chickens

      Wagcza = Eggs

      W Nitrneho Gruntu, a Luk Niedostatku wynahradzeny, od ktereho Dewatek se
      nedawa = Compensation for Shortage of Internal Allotment, or Meadows, Exempt
      from the Ninth (Dily = in Parcels)