Re: [S-R] Offer of research in Slovakia

  • John Venham
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 6, 2001
      Mr. Antoska,

      Sorry this is belated. There are no Evangelical
      Parish Registers for Vrbica prior to 1844. The Roman
      Catholic registers, however, do go back at least
      another 50 years.

      Whats Liptovsky Mikulas like? Worth a visit?

      Thank You

      John

      --- Alan ANTOSKA <aantoska@...> wrote:
      > Ahoj John,
      > I am currently in Lipt. Mikulas at an internet
      > caffe.
      > Could you please enquire if the Bytca archives hold
      > any
      > Evangelical parish registers �matryky� for Vrbica
      > prior
      > to 1844?
      > Thanks in advance.
      > --- John Venham <jevenham@...> wrote:
      > > Hello
      > >
      > > I am currently doing genealogical research in the
      > > archives in Bytca, and later will be in Kosice.
      > If
      > > you have any requests, or want to check
      > information
      > > provided by the archivists, please let me know.
      > >
      > > Thank You,
      > >
      > > John

      Find a job, post your resume.
      http://careers.yahoo.com
    • Milan Huba
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 6, 2001
        If you happen to be in the area, you might as well stop and look around.
        You might find something in Mikulas to be of interest. However, there are
        many more interesting places to visit in Slovakia.