Re: Legitimacy, draft and genealogy

  • J. Michutka
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 1999
      At 10:19 PM 9/29/99 -0800, you wrote:
      >From: Ron Matviyak <amiak@...>

      >Some terms from this Hungarian book written in German:
      >
      >de genere von dem Geschlecht from the family
      >d.R. der Reserve the reserves
      >Gr. Graf Count
      >Gren. Gerenadier a typ of soldier
      >honve'd national guard
      >Honvhptm. Honvedhauptmann Nat'l Guard Captain
      >Hu.,hu. Husar and variations, a type of soldier
      >Inf. Infanterie infantry
      >jun. Junior
      >Kav. Kavallerie cavalry
      >slov. Slovakisch Slovak (language or person)

      Thanks for your answer Ron. The above list is very helpful, and I'd advise
      anyone who expects to stare at microfilmed parish marriage records to print
      it out--soldier-grooms often have notes about their current service at the
      end of the marriage record (at least that's what I've found in the town I'm
      searching!)

      Thanks again!

      Julie Michutka, descendent of a Slovak soldierboy (yes, they were married!)
      jmm@...