1773 Hungarian Tax/Land Census

  • catimura@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2001
      Hello,
      I was wondering if anyone might have a translation of the
      categories listed in the 1767-1773 Hungarian Tax records. I am
      not even sure what language they are in. Some of the categories
      are Pradza, Maslo topene, Wagea, Roczite danty, etc. If anyone
      out there has even an idea of where to begin with these I would
      appreciate it. I have tried inserting the words into various online
      dictionaries, but wth no success. According to the FHL, the
      records are in Hungarian, Latin, Slovak and German, but i can;t
      seem to translate anything.
      Also, if anyone else has a relative from the Jakubany
      (Szepesjakubfalva) area, I am using the parish records for a
      paper in my program in agrarian studies, so I have a large
      number of the births, deaths and marriages transcribed, or will
      have so by the end of the semester. I would be happy to give
      whatever info I have to other people descended from the area.

      Catherine Timura
      catherine.timura@...

      My (Slovak/Rusyn) names: Ohar, Vasil (Vaszily), Czompely,
      Kudred, Timura, Starinski