[Admin] Reminders

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001

      next, off topic posts are not permitted. Spammers and others are getting smarter and now sub to lists, send junk and then get off the list. Anyone who sends junk to the list gets put off the list for it. Don't do it, and don't respond to it. Delete it.

      Lastly, folks please follow the directions. Many of the members are very frustrated with the constant same problems here (unsubscribe, off topic posts). I can't make people follow the rules, the most I can do is put the list on moderated where I have to approve everything first, which I don't like to do bbecause frankly it's more work for me. I read the messages on the board every few days, and I'd hope we could all be adult enough to follow the rules so I don't have to constantly monitor this list. Frankly the other lists for this area have evidently evolved into more of "chat rooms" and this list is the only one out there for genealogy only. THere are times I admit I get so frustrated I think about ending this list, but I know it serves a need in our community. So let's not allow it to come to that.

      Please do not comment on the list about this. Thank you for your cooperation.

      Maura