Re: [S-R] Zajac - Kralik

  • Fred Corbett
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hello Milan - Thanks for the contact. I am a bit surprised at your email
      address, Illy@.... Is the name Illy a family name? or a nickname. Terry
      has an old family picture of a group of Slovak men posed with their musical
      instruments and labeled with the name "Illy". Specifically, the Bass Drum is
      Labeled

      "NA ROZLUCUCENIE
      ILLYM
      1 OKT.1925"

      The picture is of a group of 14 men of about 25 to 30 years of age. The "ILLYM"
      is in large letters

      Would you llike a copy of the picture?. Would you want a printout or would you
      like it scanned and I email the file in JPG format?

      Yes I would like to share any additional information you may have on Malacky or
      the Kral's

      Fred

    • Marny Janson
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 4, 2001
        Hello John -
        Are you still in Bytca? I'm interested in knowing what records are available in the archive. My Sekac family from Turzovka should show up there. I have far too many requests to take up your time, but if I could find out what information is available in the archive I could someday know what to ask a researcher. Is there information for the years after 1895, when the microfilmed church records end? How early do the records there begin? Do I need to know the village that my gr grandmother died in to find her death certificate?
        If you do have a spare minute :) could you see if there is death information for my gr grandfather, Ignatz Kompanak between 1895 and 1912?
        The answers to any of these questions would be a big help - and good luck with your research - how wonderful to be able to go do it in person!
        Sincerely,
        Marny Sekac Janson
        New Paltz, NY

        n 10/26/2001 - 14:38, John Venham wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > I am currently doing genealogical research in the
        > archives in Bytca, and later will be in Kosice. If
        > you have any requests, or want to check information
        > provided by the archivists, please let me know.
        >
        > Thank You,
        >
        > John

      • John Venham
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 6, 2001
          Mr. Antoska,

          Sorry this is belated. There are no Evangelical
          Parish Registers for Vrbica prior to 1844. The Roman
          Catholic registers, however, do go back at least
          another 50 years.

          Whats Liptovsky Mikulas like? Worth a visit?

          Thank You

          John

          --- Alan ANTOSKA <aantoska@...> wrote:
          > Ahoj John,
          > I am currently in Lipt. Mikulas at an internet
          > caffe.
          > Could you please enquire if the Bytca archives hold
          > any
          > Evangelical parish registers �matryky� for Vrbica
          > prior
          > to 1844?
          > Thanks in advance.
          > --- John Venham <jevenham@...> wrote:
          > > Hello
          > >
          > > I am currently doing genealogical research in the
          > > archives in Bytca, and later will be in Kosice.
          > If
          > > you have any requests, or want to check
          > information
          > > provided by the archivists, please let me know.
          > >
          > > Thank You,
          > >
          > > John

          Find a job, post your resume.
          http://careers.yahoo.com
        • Milan Huba
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 6, 2001
            If you happen to be in the area, you might as well stop and look around.
            You might find something in Mikulas to be of interest. However, there are
            many more interesting places to visit in Slovakia.