Re: [S-R] I'm still getting Mail!

  • Dr. Joe Quashnock
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      You will continue to get mail until you follow the instructions:

      The only -other- problem we consistently have on here is that people who want
      to unsubscribe
      don't realize (or think it's easier) to send a message to the list than to
      follow the
      directions and do it correctly.

      Sending a message to the list (ANY list) does nothing. Nothing. You -must- go
      to the list page
      off http://www.yahoogroups.com , sign in, and then unsub. Same thing with
      subscribing .... you
      have to sign in and then subscribe. Two people yesterday sent subscribe
      commands to the list
      when they were already on it, I have no idea what that is about.

      PLEASE stop discussing this and the off topic posts, the name of the list
      etc. etc.
      I'm getting lots of complaints, and while I can't -make- people follow the
      rules, I can put
      this list on moderated , which means any posts have to come to me first for
      approval before I
      send them to the list. Since this is a busy time of year for me with school
      here starting next
      week, that could mean it would be days before your messages appear.
      I think that is rather childish, but if the off topic posts and unsubscribe
      posts to the list
      keep happening I may have to do that temporarily.

      If you are having trouble unsubbing, write to yahoogroups about it, I can't
      help you.

      PLEASE get back to genealogy questions.

      Maura