Re: [S-R] Relatives in same village

  • John
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 31, 2001
      At 07:22 PM 10/31/01 -0600, you wrote:
      >blue birthmark at the bottom of their spine. So check out your kids. If
      >you find that they have that blue birth mark on their tailbone, you have a
      >least one Mongolian ancestor.

      Or Native American.

      John
    • Mary Hudec
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 1, 2001
        I've been searching for any info on Maria Bartosik or
        any information on Bartosik in general. Maria was
        born in Bratislava in 1892. I've searched the boat
        lists for her without any luck. She married Anton
        Hudec and had her first child in 1918. Any suggestions
        on where to go now?

        Thanks
        Mary

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Caye Caswick
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 1, 2001
          Hello Mary:

          That name Hudec sounds (at lest phonetically) like a
          name my mother knew. I'd like to say Helen Hudec/k,
          who she would have known from Cleveland, Ohio. Does
          this ring any bells with you?

          Caye

          --- Mary Hudec <hawaiihudec@...> wrote:
          > I've been searching for any info on Maria Bartosik
          > or
          > any information on Bartosik in general. Maria was
          > born in Bratislava in 1892. I've searched the boat
          > lists for her without any luck. She married Anton
          > Hudec and had her first child in 1918. Any
          > suggestions
          > on where to go now?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Mary

          http://personals.yahoo.com
        • Mary Hudec
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 1, 2001
            Hi Caye

            Being a Hudec I've heard of quite a few variations
            from "Hudec" to "Hudac","Hudek" etc. I'm from
            Wisconsin orginally but the only ones there our my
            direct relatives. I've been told that Hudec is a
            common name especially in Bratislava where my great
            grand parents are from. I've gotten as far back as
            1849 on the Hudec side but only know that Maria
            Bartosik came over alone sometime between 1910 and
            1918. It seems that quite a few young women came over
            on their own. Was arranged marriages between the new
            and old country common?

            Mary

            http://personals.yahoo.com
          • Caye Caswick
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 1, 2001
              Hi Mary:

              Not in my family, no. However, my grandmother was
              part of that wave of immigration also. She and most
              of her fellow immigrants married men they met here.
              In particular, my grandmother married a Russian man
              from Kiev. I will, however, say that my mother
              conveyed to me that her parents "monitored" her dating
              and potential mates with a fine tooth comb, but didn't
              pre-arrange. After my mother had exhausted most of
              the potentials in her church and the Russian Orthodox
              church on the other side of town, she persuaded her
              father to let her date others. I think it probably
              took a lot of work on my mother's part.

              http://personals.yahoo.com