Re: [S-R] Looking for Minar

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2001
      At 02:18 AM 10/31/01 +0000, you wrote:
      >Minar from Mirovice, Moravia near Opava. Is there a telephone directory or
      >email for this area ?
      >
      >Bruce Bagin
      >312 Boulevard of the Allies,#600
      >Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1923
      >412-281-1110
      >FAX 412-281-8481
      >email bagin@...

      Bruce:
      I tried but it said it couldn't find Mirovice. It did find (using first
      three letters of the surname) a Minarcíková Jana.

      http://phone.quick.cz/

      John

    • John
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2001
        At 08:37 PM 10/30/01 -0700, you wrote:
        >At 02:18 AM 10/31/01 +0000, you wrote:
        > >Minar from Mirovice, Moravia near Opava. Is there a telephone directory or
        > >email for this area ?
        > >
        > >Bruce Bagin
        > >312 Boulevard of the Allies,#600
        > >Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1923
        > >412-281-1110
        > >FAX 412-281-8481
        > >email bagin@...
        >
        >Bruce:
        >I tried but it said it couldn't find Mirovice. It did find (using first
        >three letters of the surname) a Minarcíková Jana.
        >
        >http://phone.quick.cz/
        >
        >John

        Jana was from Opava not Mirovice. I tried Mirovice with Nov and it kicked
        up 8 Nov--- names mostly Novak as was anticipated. There are three
        Mirovice in Czechia. I checked the Opava area and found a Milostovice but
        not Mirovice. You may have better luck.

        http://www.muselik.com/czech/frame.html?/sf/cic_psc.html for postal codes

        John
      • Bruce Bagin

          >Do not know anything about the area I am trying to find for my
          >husband. His mother Mary PENCAK was born 14 mar 1888/89 from the
          >information I have is Veliky-Lipnik near the Matra Tatra Mountains. Have
          >been informed that her parents were Michael PENCAK and Mary
          >STEMPAK. Could someone help me with trying to find more information and
          >where this town is located. I have looked at a more recent map of
          >Czechoslovakia and could not find this town.

          VELKY LIPNIK Slovakia 176.1 miles ENE of Bratislava grom:

          http://www.jewishgen.org/wconnect/wc.isa?jg~jgsys~shtetl click on the
          highlighted coordinates to get the map

          http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.html online SK directory. You can get the
          name, address, and town from it. For the postal code go
          to: http://www.slposta.sk/online/hlpsc.htm

          Ing. �tefan Stemp�k Velk� Lipn�k
          Kamila Stemp�kov� Velk� Lipn�k
          Vasil Stempak Velk� Lipn�k

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
            John, try Moravice, near Opava.
            Many thanks
            > > >Minar from Mirovice, Moravia near Opava. Is there a telephone
            directory or
            > > >email for this area ?
            > > >
            > > >Bruce Bagin
            > > >312 Boulevard of the Allies,#600
            > > >Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1923
            > > >412-281-1110
            > > >FAX 412-281-8481
            > > >email bagin@...
            > >
            > >Bruce:
            > >I tried but it said it couldn't find Mirovice. It did find (using first
            > >three letters of the surname) a Minarcíková Jana.
            > >
            > >http://phone.quick.cz/
            > >
            > >John
            >
            > Jana was from Opava not Mirovice. I tried Mirovice with Nov and it kicked
            > up 8 Nov--- names mostly Novak as was anticipated. There are three
            > Mirovice in Czechia. I checked the Opava area and found a Milostovice but
            > not Mirovice. You may have better luck.
            >
            > http://www.muselik.com/czech/frame.html?/sf/cic_psc.html for postal codes
            >
            > John

          • John
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
              At 07:07 AM 10/31/01 -0500, you wrote:
              >John, try Moravice, near Opava.
              >Many thanks

              Bruce,

              Found Moravice near Opava. They are in Severomoravsky region (state,
              county, district.?). I did a search on Minar using MIN and MOR. I found
              Minar but not in Moravice. They were in Moravsky Krumlov which is
              southwest of Brno.

              John