Re: [S-R] Re: Ellis Island Records are a specific abbreviated index -not the actual

  • Peggy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2001
      Hi Peggy:

      I really know how confusing this all can be for a beginner, so maybe I can
      explain. Frank was saying that there are eight thousands rolls to look at
      for PLs NYC (Passenger Lists for NYC) for the periods between 1897-1957,
      that is what is available to the general public at the FHC. However; the
      film you need to order is Roll 109 Volumes 182-183 Beginning Dates March 23
      1900. Now, your question "Is Pavlovce anywhere near Mast?" is a good one,
      maybe Frank can answer that one too. I am not as expert as most of the
      people on this list but I would like to try and help.

      Also, I agree with John that he was going to Bridgeport, Conn. I kinda
      thought that was the place, but did not want to give you a bad lead, so is
      there any association with Bridgeport that you know of? One last thing is
      that it looked to me that his last residents was Poland.

      Peggy ( My name is the same as yours)