Re: [S-R] Zajac/Vas Velka Racna

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 21 10:29 AM
      At 11:10 AM 10/21/01 -0600, you wrote:
      >Actually Slovenia was part of Austria and Upper Hungary (Slovakia) was part
      >of Hungary. I'm certain that some migration occurred but you would have to
      >pass through all (north to south) of Hungary to get to Slovenia. As a
      >result, I believe it would be limited.

      Oops. I was off on my mental map. Slovenia is southwest of Slovakia and
      the distance between Bratislava and the Slovenian border appears to be
      about 100 miles through Austria or Hungary.

      John
    • imisis@qwest.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 22 6:43 PM
        Milan Huba wrote:

        > Ljubljana is in Slovenia, not Slovakia.

        > In Slovak a duck is a kacica or
        > kacka, not a racna. I think we have Slovenia and Slovakia confused.....

        You are correct Milan: Ljubljana is in Slovenia. I sent this information in
        reply to a topic of 2 surnames......I thought it may apply or be of interest.
        The information was written by a woman (now deceased) that was from Velka
        Racna....in slovenia.
        I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

        MaryAlice