Re: [S-R] Digest Number 717

  • nancy
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
      Isn't the purpose of this list to discuss geneology? I
      don't think we who are doing this work thinks the proper
      spelling of a village is boring. You may,of course, as the
      admin suggests, join a more broad social list.

      jean

      Richard Raucina wrote:

      > Dear admin,
      >
      > I think you are a bit hard on the narrow line of this list. Do you have any
      > idea of how boring this all can be? A nice Slovak recipe brings relief from
      > endless droning on about spellings of villages. A few lines about the horror
      > is not sinful nor bothersome to 98% of us. I would guess that if you do not
      > lighten up a bit, you will reading this list alone.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Raucina

    • Bob & Jo Ann
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
        Bravo Raucina, I think we need many more people like you!

      • David Mothkovich
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
          I think she is right on target with keeping the list to genealogy only. While I
          enjoy recipes etc, unless in the content of a genealogical topic, I'd prefer not
          to see these either.
          perhaps it would be better to start a group that shares the old recipes? I
          would subscribe to that also. When I am searching genealogy I don't want to
          have to sort through a hundred other messages, which I have seen on other lists.

          Take a look, and you will understand the need for a firm hand,
          God bless...
          Dave