Re: [S-R] Digest Number 717

  • Richard Raucina
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
      Dear admin,

      I think you are a bit hard on the narrow line of this list. Do you have any
      idea of how boring this all can be? A nice Slovak recipe brings relief from
      endless droning on about spellings of villages. A few lines about the horror
      is not sinful nor bothersome to 98% of us. I would guess that if you do not
      lighten up a bit, you will reading this list alone.

      Regards,

      Raucina

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
        Isn't the purpose of this list to discuss geneology? I
        don't think we who are doing this work thinks the proper
        spelling of a village is boring. You may,of course, as the
        admin suggests, join a more broad social list.

        jean

        Richard Raucina wrote:

        > Dear admin,
        >
        > I think you are a bit hard on the narrow line of this list. Do you have any
        > idea of how boring this all can be? A nice Slovak recipe brings relief from
        > endless droning on about spellings of villages. A few lines about the horror
        > is not sinful nor bothersome to 98% of us. I would guess that if you do not
        > lighten up a bit, you will reading this list alone.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Raucina

      • Bob & Jo Ann
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
          Bravo Raucina, I think we need many more people like you!

        • David Mothkovich
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
            I think she is right on target with keeping the list to genealogy only. While I
            enjoy recipes etc, unless in the content of a genealogical topic, I'd prefer not
            to see these either.
            perhaps it would be better to start a group that shares the old recipes? I
            would subscribe to that also. When I am searching genealogy I don't want to
            have to sort through a hundred other messages, which I have seen on other lists.

            Take a look, and you will understand the need for a firm hand,
            God bless...
            Dave