Thanks Frank Re: [S-R] Thanks John!

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., John <jmatsko4@h...> wrote:

      > > > on this list or someone else may know how to do it.
      > > >
      > > > John
      > >
      > >Had already written that the LDS-Mormons have filmed the Roman Catholic
      > >parish register of births, marriages and deaths (Anyakönyvek, 1733-1895=
      )
      > >for Szendro", Borsod megye (county), Hungary.
      >
      > I missed that post. Since I hadn't done any genealogical work in Hungary=
      ,
      > I didn't realize that the LDS had done filming there. Do you know how mu=
      ch
      > of Hungary they've done?
      >
      > John

      Hungarian National Archives has church register records on microfilm up to =
      1895.
      (Civil registration began in Hungary in September 1895)

      These are copies of records the LDS Mormons filmed back in the 1960s.
      So check the online LDS FH Library catalog first.

      http://www.familysearch.org

      There are also 20 Hungarian state archives organized on a geographical
      basis, each covering the territory of one county.
      These provincial archives function at the provincial centers, e.g.
      Pécs => Baranya Megye

      http://www.natarch.hu/english/menu_24.htm
      http://user.itl.net/~glen/FamilyHistoryinHungary.html