Re: Ellis Island-What does this mean?

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21 1:26 PM
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Linda" <Linmarie1@a...> wrote:
      > Can anyone help????
      >
      > My grandfather arrived here on March 28, 1910, from Liverpool. Have not been able to find him on Ellis Island. When I checked "missing manifests", it gave me a "microphotograhic inspection and retake record" for that date. "Camera I, reel 1504, remarks-doc 224 to end of volume cut off."
      > Can anyone tell me what this means? No record of him coming here?
      > Thanx,
      > Linda

      The Ellis Island Web site covers records only from 1892-1924.
      In 1924 mass immigrations to the U.S. were stopped.

      What was your GF's surname ?

      If he had emigrated to U.S. and arrived on 28 March 1910 he would be
      listed on NYC port of entry (Ellis Island) Passenger List, reel 1439
      Beginning Dates March 28, 1910.

      Your film was Reel 1504 which was Beginning Dates June 21, 1910 ?

      Where was your information from - his naturalization papers ?