How to unsubscribe

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17 9:23 AM
      If you need to unsubscribe for any reason, please remember that you need
      to go to the onelist page at http://www.onelist.com , log in and unsub
      from there.

      Sending unsubscribe to the list only means that I have to go in and
      unsub you, and since I may not see your message for a day or so you'll
      still be getting messages until I do it.

      With onelist, if you go to the homepage, you can do it all yourself,
      subscribe, unsubscribe, change to digest, or even change to "no mail" if
      you are going to go on vacation for a bit and just don't want mail.

      Thanks!

      Listowner SLOVAK-ROOTS

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2000
        To unsubscribe from the list, you must visit the link below.

        Listowner SLOVAK-ROOTS

        Message 3 of 6 , May 23, 2000
          Folks,

          If you need to unsub, sending a message to the list will do -absolutely
          nothing-. You MUST go to the webpage url below for the list and unsub
          from there.

          Please remember this, as it is the correct way to do this!

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 25, 2000
            To unsubscribe from this list, go to the url given below in my signature
            line, sign in and unsubscribe.

            Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
              The only -other- problem we consistently have on here is that people who want to unsubscribe don't realize (or think it's easier) to send a message to the list than to follow tht directions and do it correectly.

              Sending a message to the list (ANY list) does notihing. Nothing. You -must- go to the list page off http://www.yahoogroups.com , sign in, and then unsub. Same thing with subscribing .... you have to sign in and then subscribe. Two people yesterday sent subscribe commands to the list when they were already on it, I have no idea what that is about.

              PLEASE stop discussing this and the off topic posts, the name of the list etc etc.
              I'm getting lots of complaints, and while I can't -make- people follow the r ules, I can put this list on moderated , which means any posts have to come to me first for approval before I send them to the list. Since this is a busy time of year for me with school here starting next week, that could mean it would be days before your messages appear.
              I think that is rather childish, but if the off topic posts and unsubscribe posts to the list keep happening I may have to do that temporarily.

              If you are having trouble unsubbing, write to yahoogroups about it, I can't help you.

              PLEASE get back to genealogy questions.

              Maura
            • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 6 , May 29, 2002
                You CANNOT unsubscribe by sending a message to the list. You have to go
                to http://www.yahoogroups.com , sign in , and unsub from there.

                SlovakRoots owner

                Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
                SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage