Village ID's

  • iamfreeru@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2001
      Are there some aids that I can use to find the names of small
      villages when they changed names and boundaries. For example, the
      present day village of Batovce a little NE of Levice. When I went to
      the site for Hungarian names of counties and maps

      http://www.horlacher.org/Hungary/HungCts.htm and
      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/vmlista.htm,

      I found the county it should be in (Hont) but I am unsure of the
      village name (it may be Bat).

      Bohunice just a little north of Batovce is another one I am having
      trouble with. Anything that can help me learn how to do this would be
      greatly appreciated.

      Brian Dodak
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2001
        At 04:21 PM 9/7/01 +0000, you wrote:
        >Bohunice just a little north of Batovce is another one I am having
        >trouble with. Anything that can help me learn how to do this would be
        >greatly appreciated.
        >
        >Brian Dodak

        Mapquest shows 3 Bohunice one near Trnava, Trencin, and one near
        Levice. The one near Levice was known as: 1863-1907 Bagonya, 1913
        Hontbagonya, 1920-1975, 1994 Bohunice.

        John
      • iamfreeru@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2001
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., John <jmatsko4@h...> wrote:
          > Mapquest shows 3 Bohunice one near Trnava, Trencin, and one near
          > Levice. The one near Levice was known as: 1863-1907 Bagonya, 1913
          > Hontbagonya, 1920-1975, 1994 Bohunice.
          >
          > John

          Thank You John, That is exactly what I needed on Bohunice. One
          question though, is there some way I can learn to figure that out or
          do I have to learn the different languages.

          Brian