Re: [S-R] Re: Petruska/Petusca

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
      At 06:32 PM 9/4/01 -0400, you wrote:
      >Hi , I envy all of you that have a town or village to research. So far, all I
      >have is Austria-Hungary. Still trying to find one of the family that gave
      >more information when filling out forms. I did get a clue today on a marriage
      >record for my father's youngest brother. He gave his mother's maiden name as
      >PETUSCA. My father and his older brother spelled it PETRUSKA on Social
      >Security Applications. I am sending for the actual record and also writing to
      >the church where they married hoping for more information. Does the
      >alternative spelling help pinpoint any area? Regards, Sandy

      Petrus^ka is pronounced Petrushka. It appears to be more prevalent in
      Eastern Slovakia.

      West - Bratislava 6, Martin 2, Zvolen 1, Banska Bystrica 1, Trencin 1
      East - Kosice 12, Presov 9, Humenne 12, Bardejov 6, Trebisov 2, Michalovce 2

      John
    • iamfreeru@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., John <jmatsko4@h...> wrote:
        > At 06:32 PM 9/4/01 -0400, you wrote:
        > >He gave his mother's maiden name as PETUSCA. My father and his
        older brother spelled it PETRUSKA on Social Security Applications.

        > Petrus^ka is pronounced Petrushka. It appears to be more prevalent
        in Eastern Slovakia.

        > West - Bratislava 6, Martin 2, Zvolen 1, Banska Bystrica 1,
        Trencin 1 East - Kosice 12, Presov 9, Humenne 12, Bardejov 6,
        Trebisov 2, Michalovce 2

        I am also researching family name of Petrus^ka originally from
        Bohunice,Nitriansky,Slovakia. My GGF Johan had 4 daughters I know of
        named Anna, Maria, Katerine, and Zuzana. What is your relative's
        given name?

        Brian Dodak