Re: [S-R] Maria Tichy, Strazov, Czech 1905 - Philadelphia PA

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2001
      At 08:30 PM 9/3/01 -0400, you wrote:

      > Hello. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Susan Faught
      > and my
      >grandmother on my fathers side immigrated to the United States in 1923 from
      >the village Strazov, which is near Zilinia, Czech.

      No longer Czechoslovakia. It is now the Slovak Republic. Using the online
      SKR phone directory, I found 24 Tichy' (male) and 21 Ticha (female) in
      Z^ilina but none in Strazov which is just a couple of Km NW of
      Z^ilina. The birth marriage and death records would be in Z^ilina. The
      location would depend on their religion.

      If you go to http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp
      and search on Zilina, you may find something about the history of the area.
      Also, go to http://www.zilina.sk/en/default.htm which is Z^ilina's
      homepage. It has a 3 page history of the town.

      John