Re: [S-R] KLEMPA & RUZISKA

  • John
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
      At 06:01 PM 9/2/01 -0500, you wrote:

      Additional Information:

      Slovakia is now divided into 8 kraj (regions) and about 80 okres (districts
      or counties). Laks^arska Nova Ves is in Trnavsky kraj and okres Senica. I
      believe the Roman Catholic parish registers containing births, marriages
      and deaths from 1709 to 1898 are located in:

      Rímskokatolický Farský Urad
      908 76 Lakšárska Nová Ves
      Slovak Republic
      034/6598122 - phone

      John
    • Milan Huba
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
        In Milwaukee, most new Slovak arrivals attended the St. Steven's (Stefan's)
        Roman Catholic Church. This was a Slovak parish.

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
          Milan,
          Is St. Stefan's still in existence today?

          Al Dubnicka

          Milan Huba wrote:

          > In Milwaukee, most new Slovak arrivals attended the St. Steven's (Stefan's)
          > Roman Catholic Church. This was a Slovak parish.

        • David Mothkovich
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
            Hi-
            If you go to the Catholic Information Network you would be able to find
            whether a parish still exists.
            try www.cin.com it may be org. or net. but that will get you there.
            Dave

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • nancy hagen
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
              Milan,
              Thank you for the info. I will check on it.
              Nancy
            • Bruce Bagin
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                St Stefan's was located on 4th and walnut streets, in the 50's the church
                closed and moved to the northwest side around 60th and capital drive.
                records can be retrived for a fee from the geneologists at the Milwaukee
                catholic archdiocese.
                > Is St. Stefan's still in existence today?
                >
                > Al Dubnicka
                >
                > Milan Huba wrote:
                >
                > > In Milwaukee, most new Slovak arrivals attended the St. Steven's
                (Stefan's)
                > > Roman Catholic Church. This was a Slovak parish.

              • Albert Dubnicka
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                  Bruce,
                  Thanks,
                  Re: your search, I'm still looking. Can go to the FHC twice a week now. Go on
                  Tues. and Thurs.
                  Al

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                    John,
                    Again, many thanks. The Slovak phone site is down at the moment but will
                    keep trying. Was able to get a postal code. I am always so amazed and
                    delighted with how those who are genealogy researchers are so willing and
                    happy to share. You all make the world a much better place to live.
                    Thanks.
                    Nancy